Sea: Force Protection
While at port or at sea, ships and other major fleet assets can maintain secure, bi-directional, high speed connectivity with several patrolling boats and communicate with each other using Ultra TCS high capacity radios. Ships can remain connected to Maritime Security Operation Centers accessing relevant maritime picture updates or land-based video feeds in real time while identifying possible threats via TCS’ ESM/ELINT systems.
Using high capacity links between ships, video, detailed maps, pictures and drawings can be seamlessly shared amongst mission forces. Ships can also collaborate through interactive mission planning and video-conference. For example, in a damage control situation, a ship in need of assistance can send real-time isometric drawings of the situation to another ship or to the shore, complete with video streams, biometrics, medical and casualty information. Battle damage control systems can stream data from the damaged ship to another ship or to a shore facility. Nearby ships or patrolling RHIBs can send video of what they see as well as receive feeds from remotely located high performance sensors to form an active force protection array.
TCS’ systems dramatically increase the operational capabilities of smaller boats, previously limited to low bandwidth voice and text messaging, to send and receive real-time high bandwidth video, data and voice over IP for boarding operations. With an increased reliance on sensors and cloud architectures, on-the-move high speed data connectivity enables sharing of a common operating picture and is essential to force protection.
- Active protection array
- Threat identification
- Damaged ship assistance and medical support
- Press Releases: Ultra Electronics, TCS Awarded Contract for Ultra ORION
- Press Releases: Ultra Electronics, TCS Delivers Mobile Multi-Band Emitter Range Simulator
- Press Releases: Ultra Electronics, TCS Awarded Contract for its Mission Adaptive Tactical Radio
- Press Releases: Ultra Electronics, TCS to deliver Ultra ORION Radio Systems to a Major West European NATO Customer
- Press Releases: Ultra Electronics, TCS Receives Order from Asian-Pacific Country for Ultra ORION Radios
View all News →
Related Blog Posts
- Ultra ORION Solidifies its Global Presence in 2015
- Canadian Armed Forces Armoury Renamed After Dr. Guglielmo Marconi
- Ultra ORION Completes World Tour in 2014
- Ultra ORION Achievements Since Product Launch, One Year Ago
- Ultra Electronics, TCS exhibition at CANSEC 2013 was successful
- CANSEC 2013 - Product launch
View all Blog posts →